Skip To Content

Frequently Asked Questions

What is TR Leger Immigrant Services (TRLIS)?

TRLIS is a free resource center for permanent residents, convention refugees and live-in-caregivers to access information relating to settlement, government and community services.

Do I need to make an appointment before visiting TRLIS?
No, we accept walk-ins, although you may wish to contact us before hand.  TRLIS business hours and contact information are listed on this website.

Are your services free?
Yes, there is no charge to use any of our services.

Can TRLIS help me find LINC and ESL classes?
Yes. TRLIS is located in the same building as TR Leger School of Adult, Alternative and Continuing Education. TR Leger School offers LINC and ESL classes.

Does TRLIS assess foreign credentials?
No, however TRLIS will help you to contact a service that will assess your degree or diploma.

Does TRLIS provide services in different languages? 
TRLIS provides services in English and French.  TRLIS will arrange to have an interpreter present if you do not speak either official language. As well, TRLIS holds a wide selection of settlement information in many different languages.

I live outside Cornwall. Will a Settlement Outreach worker meet with me?
TRLIS provides outreach services to the following 8 counties:

  • Stormont
  • Grenville
  • Dundas
  • Prescott
  • Glengarry
  • Russell
  • Leeds
  • Lanark

Will TRLIS help me fill out applications?
Yes.  A TRLIS Settlement Worker will be happy to help you fill out applications, including all citizenship and immigration application forms.

Who provides funding for TRLIS?
TRLIS is funded by Citizenship and Immigration Canada.

Explore some of our local Communities:




Cornwall Main Office

600 McConnell Avenue
Cornwall, ON K6H 4M1

Brockville Office
163 Ormond Street
Brockville, ON K6V 2L2

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2023 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.