Skip To Content

Frequently Asked Questions

What is UCDSB Settlement Services?
UCDSB Settlement Services is a free resource center for permanent residents, convention refugees and live-in-caregivers to get help and information about settlement, government and community services.

Do I need to make an appointment before visiting UCDSB Settlement and Language Services?
No, we accept walk-ins, although you may wish to contact us ahead of your visit.  UCDSB Settlement and Language Services business hours and contact information are listed on this website.

Are your services free?
Yes, there is no charge to use any of our services.

Can UCDSB Settlement and Language Services help me find LINC and ESL classes?
Yes. UCDSB Settlement Services centres are in the same buildings as TR Leger School of Adult, Alternative and Continuing Education. TR Leger School offers LINC classes in Cornwall and ESL classes in Cornwall, Brockville, and Perth.

Does UCDSB Settlement Services assess foreign credentials?
No, however we will help you to contact a service that will assess your degree or diploma.

Does UCDSB Settlement Services provide services in different languages? 
We provide services in both official languages, English and French.  We currently have Settlement Workers who can also assist clients in Arabic, Italian, Persian and Urdu. UCDSB Settlement and Language Services will arrange to have an interpreter present if you do not speak either official languages or the languages listed above. As well, UCDSB Settlement Services hold a wide selection of settlement information in many different languages.

I don’t live near one of your centres. Will a Settlement Outreach worker meet with me?
UCDSB Settlement Services provides outreach services to the following 8 counties:

  • Stormont
  • Grenville
  • Dundas
  • Prescott
  • Glengarry
  • Russell
  • Leeds
  • Lanark

Will UCDSB Settlement  Services help me fill out applications?
Yes.  A Settlement Worker will be happy to help you fill out applications, including all citizenship and immigration application forms.

Who provides funding for UCDSB Settlement and Language Services?
UCDSB Settlement  Services is funded by Immigration, Refugee and Citizenship Canada.

Website by SchoolMessenger Presence. © 2024 SchoolMessenger Corporation. All rights reserved.